Via Montegufoni, 18 - Montagnana V.P. Firenze, Tuscany, Italy
+39 057 167 1131
1) DO YOU SERVE BREAKFAST AT THE CASTLE? No, we do not have breakfast service at the castle. We do not have lunch service either. We rent self-catering apartments, where you will find all the necessary things for cooking and setting the table, but you must buy or bring your own food, also things like salt – sugar – pepper etc… In the kitchen, to make coffee you’ll find the “moka” machine, called also “caffettiera” which is the typical device for Italian coffee (in Italy everyone has one at home and it works using water and coffee powder, and putting it on the stove). We do not provide the electric espresso machines. We do not provide washing-up liquid.
A nice bar/restaurant, offering recipes of the local Chianti tradition, is open every night (from April to end October except on Tuesday) from 7.30pm. Booking compulsory & payments by card.
2) DO YOU PROVIDE TOWELS FOR THE POOL? No, we do not.
3) DO YOU HAVE DAILY MAID SERVICE AS IN HOTELS? There isn’t any cleaning service of the room during the clients stay (clients pay a final cleaning fee), but on request maid service can be arranged at the cost of EURO 15,-/per hour. Final cleaning payment is mandatory. We provide three towels per person, bed linen, kitchen linen. Towels and sheets you have in the apartment are included in the rental cost. Linen change is provided only after 7 days. If you want extra clean towels during the stay, you can ask for them at the Reception paying a fee of EURO 5 for each set of towels. Regarding bathrooms, you will also need to buy toilette paper and soaps by your own; we will provide a small supply for the arrival day but not for the rest of the stay. Most apartments have not hair dryers, but we have some at disposal at Reception that you can ask for, based on availability.
4) IS AIR CONDITIONING AVAILABLE? Only few rooms inside the castle and other few among our dependances have air co. Air conditioning is not included in the rental cost and must be paid on spot. Costs are indicated on our website with apartments’ description. Apartments that have air conditioning are: LA TORRE, MONTEGUFONI 11, MONTEGUFONI 28, IL BASTIONE, ACCIAIOLI 4, ACCIAIOLI 1 BIS.
For the other apartments we provide fans.
5) DO YOU HAVE MOSQUITOS NETS AT YOUR WINDOWS? Unfortunately not everywhere. During summer, being located in the middle of the countryside, mosquitos are in the area but it is usually enough to buy mosquitos body repellent and/or electrical repellent device to put at wall sockets. You can find all at the nearest supermarket.
6) IS WI-FI AVAILABLE INSIDE ROOMS? Wi-Fi areas are at your disposal (free) in the lobby in front of the Reception and at the restaurant area. Only some apartments have Wi-Fi inside too. Ask to Reception if you have this service in your apartment or not.
7) IS YOUR LOCATION SUITABLE FOR PEOPLE WITH HANDICAP? DO YOU HAVE ELEVATORS? Unfortunately no. As we are talking about an old and original building, most of the apartments, gardens, restaurant and pool areas are reachable only going up & down stairs. In case you have difficulty walking or climbing stairs, we advise you that we do not have any elevators on our property.
8) DO WE NEED A CAR? Yes, you do !! This is really important !! We are located in a central position, on the south of Florence and on the way to Siena, but to get around, you will need a car. The bus service is helpful only for reaching Florence and buses are few. We have a free open parking area just next to the castle. We do not provide transfers or shuttle services, but we can help you booking taxis if you need.
9) IS RECEPTION OPEN 24H? No, Reception is open everyday but not 24 hours. See below:
SUMMER OPENING TIME (from April to October)
Monday – Friday 9am – 1pm / 2.30pm – 7pm
Saturday 9am – 8pm
Sunday & Holidays 9am – noon / 3pm – 6pm
WINTER OPENING TIME (from November to March)
Monday – Friday 9am – 1pm / 2.30pm – 6pm
Saturday 9am – noon
Sunday & Holidays CLOSED
10) IS CHECK-IN POSSIBLE 24H? No, it is not. From April to October, guests can check-in only between 5pm & 7pm. We can agree later check-in between 7pm & 10pm , paying an extra fee of EURO 25 per apartment. In case guests need to be here earlier than 5pm, they are naturally welcome and in case their apartment is not ready, they can wait on the garden or at the pool.
In winter, from November to March, check-in with us is possible only until 6pm (Monday – Friday). For arrival later than 6pm or during weekends/holidays when Reception is closed, we leave instructions at the castle entrance, so guests can reach their room by their own and do check-in with us the morning after.
IMPORTANT TO KNOW AND REMIND
Should the client for any reason cancel the booking, the following cancellation charges will be applied:
- 25% of the total hires cost if the cancellation is made between the date of paying the deposit and 45 days before the beginning of the rental period
- 50% of the total hires cost if the cancellation is made between 44 and 30 days before the beginning of the rental period
- 90% of the total hires cost if the cancellation is made between 29 and 5 days before the beginning of the rental period
- 100% of the total hires cost if the cancellation is made 4 days before the beginning of the rental period
In case of cancellation the deposit paid is not refundable.
2) ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE (SEE FAQ ABOVE TOO)
The check-in time is between 5 pm and 7 pm, any change to the arrival day or to the arrival time must be advised to the Reception in order to avoid that the owner or his/her representative may refuse entrance to the property.
Upon his arrival, the client must show to the owner or to his/her representative the rental voucher and passports of all members of the party to conform to the Italian Law.
For late check-in (after 7.00pm and strictly by 10.00pm) is required an extra fee of € 25. The client must, anyhow, inform the Reception in advance, otherwise it will be not possible to receive the key of the apartment.
On the departure day, clients must leave the apartment by 10.00 am, after returning the key.
Upon arrival, the client will find the property in clean and tidy condition.
Clients will find beds ready and a set of towels per person, tablecloth and dishtowels. The set of towels is composed of 3 towels (big, medium, small). We do not provide swimming pool towels.
Linen is included in the rental price. Extra linen is available upon request by paying an extra cost: € 5 for a set of towels, € 4 for a set of sheets (single or double – pillowcases included).
In each apartment, clients will find all that they need for cooking and dressing the table. Cooking area is usually composed of gas stove and fridge. Only some apartments have oven too (when cooking area includes oven too, it is specified in the apartment description).
You must buy or bring your own food, also things like salt – sugar – pepper etc… In the kitchen, to make coffee you’ll find the “moka” machine, called also “caffettiera” which is the typical device for Italian coffee (in Italy everyone has one at home and it works using water and coffee powder, and putting it on the stove). We do not provide the electric espresso machines.
We do not provide washing-up liquid and sponges.
Regarding bathrooms, you will also need to buy toilette paper and soap; we will provide a small supply for the arrival day but not for the rest of the stay.
No apartments have TV, radio, phone and hair-drier
At guest’s disposal: little laundry room with a washing machine (EURO 3,-/per wash). You can book for it at the reception desk.
At the reception there are also some hairdryers at disposal of our guests, while stocks last.
Clients can pay with cash or credit cards (VISA or MASTERCARD).
6) DOMESTIC ANIMALS
Pets are not allowed.
My team and I are here to help. Let us know if you have any questions.